Free-kayak summer camp
From the 5th to 9th of August 2019
This summer camp is especially designed for 14 to 18 years old youth who want to have fun and improve their white water paddling.
On monday morning at 9.00 am, we will welcome you in the “Les chalets de la Biaysse” where you will have your accomodation (there are possibilities to arrive the night before and to arrange a meeting in the train station, please contact us for more informations)
- At 10.00, we’ll go on the river to set up the boats and a group evaluation.
- After a lunch along the river we’ll get aboard for a frre-ride descent on the Durance.
- We will be back to the center around 17.30, time to get your room.
- The evening is gonna be the time for rest and a video feed back of our kayaking day. Then we will share the dinner we will have cooked together.
- Night will come around a fire and some white-water stories!…and some sweet dreams.
The kayaking sessions : (daily from 10.00 to 17.30)
- you will choose and adjust your gear
- basics skills in calm water
- river reading and basic technics
- white water rescue basics
- river running
- full day descent with lunch on the river
- Free-ride sessions to learn how to play with waves and water moves while running a river
- Free-style in Sait Clement, la Clapière and the Rabioux
- Boof and huck on the teaching drops of the Fournel
- Boater X on the slalom course
- River running and discovery of the Hautes-Alpes classics
On friday evening (or saturday morning on demand), last day of our kayaking week, we will pack our stuff and order our rooms ( we can arrange the return to the train station)
A professional kayak instructor is in charge of all the kayak sessions as well as a professional coordinator for the lifetimes. All the meals and the acomodation are taken in the centre d’accueil de Pallon wich has the national jeunesse et sport agreement.
Modern Kayaks and gear provided