Free-kayak summer camp
From the 3rd to 9th of July 2022
and from the 31 of july to 6th of August 2022
This summer camp is especially designed for 12 to 18 years old youth who want to have fun and improve their white water paddling.
On sunday evening, from 6.00 p.m, we will welcome you in the Camping les Ecrins where you will have your tents ( tents have 2 rooms of 2 pers.)
There are possibilities to arrange a meeting in the train station of L’argentière les Ecrins, please contact us for more informations.
Daily program :
- At 9.30, we’ll leave the chalet to go on the river and have a technique session
- After a lunch along the river we’ll get aboard for a frre-ride descent onsome of the nicest rivers of the south alps
- We will be back to the camp around 17.30
- After a free time, we will cook the dinner together
- After a feed back of our kayaking day it will be time to sleep
- Sleeping time is between 9.30p.m an 10.00 p.m
The kayaking sessions : (daily from 10.00 to 17.30)
- you will choose and adjust your gear
- basics skills in calm water
- river reading and basic technics
- white water rescue basics
- river running
- full day descent with lunch on the river
- Free-ride sessions to learn how to play with waves and water moves while running a river
- Free-style in Sait Clement, la Clapière and the Rabioux
- Boof and huck on the teaching drops of the Fournel
- Boater X on the slalom course
- River running and discovery of the Hautes-Alpes classics
On saturday morning, we will pack our stuff and order the camp.
We will welcome you in the camping les Ecrins where you will meet your kids. We will drive the kids who needs, to the train station
A professional kayak instructor is in charge of all the kayak sessions as well as a professional coordinator for the lifetimes. All the meals and the acomodation are taken in the camp wich has the national jeunesse et sport agreement.
Modern Kayaks and gear provided